THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Cheated with dinner

Tonight I cheated on dinner. Since I recently hit a block on what to fix for lunches and dinners I just went with quick and easy and totally unhealthy. I asked for help on planning the menu and didn’t get any suggestions. I got a Stouffers Lasagna. The boys and Aaron liked it. (They eat just about anything) But, I didn’t care a whole lot for it. I’m not suppose to eat anything made with white flour or anything with sugar. Well, the noodles we’re white and spaghetti sauce has sugar. (A lot of sugar) We have been trying to eat well for the past year since I found out I had a thyroid problem. Which totally explained a lot. I try avoid the foods I’m not suppose to have as much as possible but its soooo hard when we’re surrounded by fast food and quick heat up meals. Even though I’m home with the kids all day, I still get tired and sometimes don’t want to stand over a hot stove and cook something for an hour or more that my family will devour in less than 10 minutes. (I have all boys in my house you can only imagine) I had even less energy before I started my Dr. Christopher’s thyroid maintenance pills a year ago. I’m doing a lot better but, still not great. I still have bad days occasionally but not near as many as I use too. Because of the thyroid issue, not having energy to do anything, and stress I have put on some weight. So, now I’m at the point where I want to do more most of the time but can’t, cause of my size, self confidence issues, and chronic pain it makes it hard. I the Wii fit plus and can barely make it through 1 maybe 2 games before I’m in sooo much pain. It really, really sucks. So, anyways, I try to eat as healthy as I can afford too, most of the time. But, there are occasions that don’t happen like tonight. However, since I’ve started my thyroid pills I have gone from a size 22 pants to almost an 18. Just from diet change. I am bordering between a 20 and an 18. If it wasn’t for the pressure on my tummy I could wear 18s. So, its progress. I’m hopeful that if I can get down a little more I’ll be able to do more and when I can do more I will lose more. That’s my goal anyways. :)

0 comments: