THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Monday, June 7, 2010

Story of the World

We are currently using Story of the World by Susan Wise Bauer and Jessie Wise, volume 2: The Middle Ages. This is our first actual “curriculum” to use for History. Before I started using it I just picked a topic they we’re interested in and created a unit study about it. It worked for the most part, but its good to have a guideline to work it now. My closest friend was using it with her kids. Mine find the actual reading extremely boring. We are hoping to try the CD’s soon. But the activity book provides a good spine, occasionally some good activities and some good reading suggestions. My boys and I do enjoy the map work though. I also use some other resources to make up for their History. Thematic units, History Pockets, internet and just about any books or info I can find and of course whatever my husband and I come up with. It seems to be working so far.
We are also hoping to start using Horrible Histories and Pagan Crusades with our History lessons.

0 comments: