THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Workboxes







I recently discovered a Yahoo group about workboxes. Its an amazing system that teaches independant learners. They have made a wonderful addition to our homeschooling. Since I like to make things to suit us, I made our workboxes out of priority mail boxes.
I cut out about 12 boxes for each of my boys. Then I hot glued the boxes on the edges to make sure they stayed together and was secure. Because we are a creative family
and like color I glued color coded construction paper on the boxes and added colorful card holders on the front.









I made our own workbox cards as well using pictures from the workbox group that other people uploaded. Dogs for my youngest and Dragons for my oldest. I've noticed most people just number their workboxes boxes but because we have to be different (lol) our workbox cards are numbered and named.
Then I made tags that say "great job"in green, "please re do" in red and " I need help please" in yellow. Every night I can assign the workbox cards that they need to do for the next day. As they complete them they can turn them in. If they need help they put a "I need help please" tag on their workbox, if I've checked them and they are good I put the "great job" tag on their workbox, if they need to be redone I put the "please redo" tag on the workbox.



This system has been working well for about 3 weeks now.






0 comments: