THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Homeschool Mother’s Journal

In my life this week... Not much to tell. Normal week. In our homeschool this week... "School" went well this week. The kids completed all their assignments and my youngest even did a spelling test and aced it! I was sooo proud. Places we're going and people we're seeing... Going to visit my dad tomorrow My favorite thing this week was... The spelling test with my youngest What's working/not working for us... Last year my youngest could barely read and certain do the Total Language Plus for English. But this week he is reading The Sign of the Beaver and working out the Total Language Plus book. And he even took a spelling test. The book had him do jumping jacks while spelling out his words during the week. So, yesturday when he was taking his spelling test he tapped out the words and remembered how to spell them. I was so proud! Homeschool questions/thoughts I have... I feel sorry for some of the PS kids who are forced to read too early. Not all kids are ready to read at such young ages. My son is a prime example. He didn't really start reading until he was 9 years old! Which can be considered late by some people. But he has always been unique. He does things his own way. And still does. Its one of the things that drives me crazy about him but its also one of the things that I love about him.

0 comments: