THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Monday, March 28, 2011

New Meals

Sunday Morning I made omelets. I've made the before and we usually just meat and cheese. We'll since joining weight watchers I've been making changes. So, this time we used canadian bacon for the meat, mozarella cheese for the cheese then we threw in some veggies. Hubby and oldest son had onions, tomatoes, and bell peppers. And we all had broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash and zucchini.

It looks so colorful when cooking it. LOL
Heres two of them done. They came out so good! It was a huge hit and healthy!


For dinner we had a lasagna recipe from one of the weight watchers books. And I decided to get a little creative. We used sausage instead of beef(cause its already seasoned). We always wash it after its cooked too. Then I added tomato sauce(not spaghetti sauce), diced tomatoes and tomato paste. And fresh veggies. Broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, squash and zucchini. Yum!

Season to taste. I added italian seasonings and garlic. Let it simmer a bit. While it was simmering I mixed Ricotta cheese and mozarella cheese together. Then I scooped the tomato sauce and meat mixture into the bottom of a crock pot. And layered it with no-cook lasagna noodles(I couldn't find these in whole wheat) and the cheese mixture. I continuted this until full, making sure the meat mixture was on top when done. Then let it cook in the crock pot for 4 hours.


Sorry I didn't take an after picture, Sunday was a busy day. But it came out sooooo good! It was so full of flavor! I'm not a very good cook at all. I've burned water before. LOL. But I actually nailed 2 wonderful recipes yesturday. How aweseom is that.

This was the best lasagna I've ever had!

0 comments: