THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sign of the Beaver


The boys are reading The Sign of the Beaver right now to go along with thier colonial study, which leads into a Native American study.

We are using Total Language Plus. I had originally bought this for last year but my youngest wasn't quite ready for Total Language Plus. My oldest has been using the program for well over a year now and enjoys it.

The Sign of the Beaver is perfect for my youngest, it challenges him without being too hard.

It is a bit easy for my oldest since he is at a much higher reading level, but it follows what we learning about in History and the book is a great book for anyone to read. I also thrown in a little harder assignments for my oldest as well.

I am very proud of my youngest at how well he's handling this book and the lessons. He wasn't really reading very well, maybe at a Kindergarten level or begining of first grade level. But Since he turned 9 this past August he has really taken off with his reading.

He has even read The Lion, the witch and the wardrode all on his own just for fun!

0 comments: