THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES
Our Adventures in Homeschooling and Life

Saturday, March 5, 2011

A Simple Womans Day Book

Outside my window...
Outside my Window today I see a nice clean yard. The sun is shining and the wind is blowing.
I am thinking...
Today I am thinking about all I need to get done this weekend. Go to Dollar Tree and Goodwill, fix the kids bikes and make sure they are ready to ride soon, Cut hubbys hair, cut the boys hair, dye my hair, get the kids lessons ready, and visit my dad.
I am thankful for...
I am thankful for the chance to teach my kids, have a good relationship with them, and be a mother.
I am also thankful for being married to a wonderful husband. I am thankful for our anniversary coming up in a few short weeks.
From our classroom...
Last week we had a full week of fun and learning. Is that possible to do together? In our house it is! The boys finished up a 3 week unit study on the Mayflower and a week all about China.
Next week is Korea and Colonial Life.
They also really enjoyed their new board game Totally Gross the Game.
From the kitchen...
To wrap up our China week we ate Chinese food last night. Today the kids had a banana for breakfast since they slept in. They will enjoy a meat & cheese rollup and potato salad for lunch. Oatmeal cookies for lunch (cookies are a rare treat) and for dinner we are having Brats, hotdogs and baked beans. Its grillin season again.
I am wearing...
Well seeing as its 11:15 in the morning and I'm still in my pajamas I guess I'm wearing comfortable clothes today. When I decide to get dressed I will probably wear my capris and one of my new Cato shirts! I love CATO's!
I am creating...
Last night I caught up on some of my scrapbooking. I am still behind about 5 or 6 years. But I just started scrapbooking last year. And I had to scrapbook from the beginning. From the birth of both boys, now age 9 & 13. I have got everything caught up from birth to when we moved here in 2006. So I have from 2006 to now to scrapbook. Which is gonna be a lot. We have been very busy. The kids played sports, were in scouts, in PS, and more. I don't even have all the pictures printed yet. I am printing one year at a time so I don't loose any pictures or get overwhelmed.
This weekend I guess I will be creating next weeks lessons for the boys as well as some beautiful new red hair for me. LOL.
I am going...
Today I don't plan on going anywhere. I have plenty to do at home. But tomorrow I will be running to Dollar tree, Goodwill and taking a trip down to see my dad. (He lives 45 minutes south of us) We usually visit once a month, until out vehicles broke down several months back and he's been driving up. His health isn't great and its better if we can go to him.
I am reading...
I just finished reading the book Physik, and I have started a new series. I read lots of different series. I can't always get the books in order so sometimes I have to start a new series and go back to another one when the book becomes available.
I just started reading Balefire A Chalice of Wind by Cate Tiernan. I enjoyed her Sweep series so I thought I'd try this one.
I am hoping...
I guess today I'm hoping that my hubby is able to put his master cylinder and rear speakers on without too many problems. I am hoping to weather warms up a bit. Its a tiny bit chilly. We are able to get the kids bikes ready for riding, we plan on riding next weekend, we are able to grill this evening, I am able to get everything done on my to do list, and we are able to safely visit my dad tomorrow.
I am hearing...
A little bit of quiet. I like it when its quiet, sometimes.
Around the house...
The kids are chillin in their rooms. My oldest is rearranging, again! My youngest was cleaning a little, watching TV more, and hubby is outside working on his car. I like it when its quiet, sometimes.
One of my favorite things...
I love to snuggle with my kiddos and watch a movie.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
We are learn about Korea, Colonial life, Chemistry, French Fairy Tales and visit the dentist this week.
A picture to share...

Me and my boys.




0 comments: